Pay Tickets Online

Visit to begin!

You will need either your ticket/citation number or your court file number to access your fine.

PLEASE NOTE:  It may take up to 20 days for your citation to be on system in order for you to pay by this option.  Citation should be on system prior to your due date.

Paying By Phone

To pay by credit card, call 1-800-657-3611, or in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area 651-281-3219. You will need either your ticket/citation number, your DL number or your court file number to access your fine.

Checking Your Fine Balance

To access your fine account balance online, visit the Minnesota Judicial Branch at

  1. Click on "Find Court Records"
  2. Select "Access Trial Court Records".
  3. Read and accept the terms of use. This will bring you to the Minnesota Public Access Remote View.
  4. From the drop-down menu select Wilkin
  5. From the list of options, select Criminal/Traffic/Petty Case Records.
  6. From the Search By drop-down menu, you have the option of searching by Case, Defendant, Citation or Attorney. If you are searching by case number, remember to enter 84 at the beginning.
  7. From your search results, locate and click on the blue hyperlink of the case you want to review.
  8. On the register of actions page, scroll to the bottom of the page to review the Financial Information portion of the case for the balance owing.
  9. Please note: If there is any reference in the “other events and hearings” section of the register of action that the case has been referred to collections you will need to contactMinnesota Department of Revenue at 1-800-657-3909, as the balance that is owed will be different than the amount due to collection fees.


When You Need to Appear In Person

You must appear in court at the address location noted on the citation if:

  1. You wish to plead not guilty and have a court trial.  Contact the Wilkin County Court Administrator by telephone at (218) 643-7172 for further information if you wish to plead not guilty.
  2. You wish to plead guilty with an explanation.
  3. You have endangered life or property. (Box will be checked on the front of the ticket)
  4. The offense you have been charged with is court required.
  5. You wish to request a payment plan (must qualify).

You may elect to plead “Guilty as Charged” to all listed violations, and pay the fine(s) indicated below.  Payment of a fine(s) is deemed to be a “Plea of Guilty.”

To Pay by Mail 

Make check payable to: Minnesota Court Payment Center

DO NOT MAIL CASH. Payment can be mailed to:

Minnesota Court Payment Center
P.O. Box 898
Willmar, MN 56201


Paying No Proof of Insurance Violations

If you have received a citation for No Proof of Insurance and the vehicle you were driving was insured on the date and time of offense, you must provide one of the following that shows there was valid coverage on the date of the offense:

§  A copy of the insurance coverage card for that vehicle,

§  A letter from the insurance agent,

§  Or a copy of the insurance policy.

The information received must include the name of the insured and the vehicle type.

The information can be faxed to the Court Payment Center at 320-231-6507. Include a copy of the ticket with your proof of insurance.

If you are charged with another payable violation, you may mail your payment for violation along with your proof of insurance to the Minnesota Court Payment Center.

Minnesota Court Payment Center
P.O. Box 898
Willmar, MN 56201

You may also show one of the proper items identified above to the Wilkin County Courts at, 300 South 5th Street, Breckenridge, Minnesotaby the due date/court date on your ticket or citation.

Common Violation Fine Amounts
(Fine amounts subject to change without notice.)

PLEASE NOTE- Each fine amount noted below includes a mandatory state-imposed surcharge of $75.00 that is imposed pursuant to Minnesota Statute 357.021 subdivision 6.



 Statute Number




 1-10 MPH over limit 



 11-14 MPH over limit 



 15-19 MPH over limit 



 20-25 MPH over limit 



 26-30 MPH over limit 



 31 + MPH over limit 



 Inattentive Driving


 169.14 subd 1

Texting while Driving


 169.475 (2)

 Possess drug paraphernalia



 Possess small amount marijuana


 152.027 subd 4(a)

 Improper display of original plate 


 168.10 subd 1 (g)

 Dealer plate violation



 Flr to obey traffic control device 


 169.06 subd 4

 Keep to the right 


 169.18 subd 1

 Follow too close


 169.18 subd 8 (a)

 Improper lane use


 169.18 subd 7

 Failure to yield right of way


 169.20 subd 1

 Hitchhike on interstate


 169.22 subd 1

 Stop sign violation  



 Flr to move to far lane  


 169.18 subd 11

 Controlled access violation


 169.305 subd 1(a)

 Vehicle signals/turn signals 



 Child restraint violation


 169.685 subd 5(a-b)

 Seat belt violation  


 169.686 subd 1(a)(1-3)

 Illegal window tint 


 169.71 subd (4)(a)(1-4)

 Bumper height



 Annual inspection


 169.781 subd 2

 License plate violation


 169.79, subd. 1-subd. 8

 Allow illegal operation


 169.90 subd 2

 Drive w/o valid license


 171.02 subd 1

 Drive w/o valid license expired less 1 yr


 171.02 subd 2

 No DL in possession



 Wrong address on DL






 Poss small amt marij in m.v.-owner/driver


 152.057 subd 3

 Failure to transfer title within 10 days


 168A.30 subd 2(3)

 Open bottle, drinking


 169A.35 subd 2

 Open bottle, possession


 169A.35 subd 3

 No medical card in possession


 49CFR391.41 (a)

 Medical card expired less than 30 days 


 49CFR391.41 (a)

 Log book not current


 49CRF395.8 (f) (1)

 Failure to display current plates


 168.09 subd 4

 Operate unregistered vehicle


 168.09 subd 1

 Liquor consumption by persons under 21


 340A.503 subd 1 (a)(2)

Failure to Appear Notice

Failure to pay by or appear in court by the date indicated on your ticket will be considered a plea of guilty and waiver of trial for petty misdemeanor offenses, and may result in one or more of the following actions being taken against you: 

§  Certification of charges to your driving record,

§  Drivers License suspension,

§  Issuance of a bench warrant for your arrest,

§  Referral of your debt to a collection agency. 

If referred, the collection agency will assess additional fees. The collection agency is authorized to take the following actions to collect your debt:  levy your bank account, seize your property, file a judgment or lien which will affect your credit rating, revoke or deny personal or business license, offset vendor payments owed to you by a state agency, levy wages, seize tax refunds or refer your debt.

It is your responsibility to notify the Court of a change of address.