Wilkin County Planning Commission

Are you interested in becoming a member of the Wilkin County Planning Commission?  


The Wilkin County Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment meets on an as-needed basis to review and approve zoning/land use variance requests and to make recommendations to the Wilkin County Board on Conditional Use Permit and Rezone requests.  Planning Commission members receive a meeting per diem and mileage reimbursement.


The following is eligibility information for any potential applicants:

  • No elected officer of the County nor any employee of the County Board shall serve as a member of the Board of Adjustment/Planning Commission. At least one member of the Board must reside in an unincorporated area of the County.
  • Members shall be appointed to four (4) year terms except when the Board of Adjustment/Planning Commission is first established.  Terms shall be staggered so that no more than two (2) terms end at the same time.
  • No voting member of the Board of Adjustment/Planning Commission shall have received, during the two (2) years prior to appointment, any substantial portion of income from business operations involving the development of land within the County for urban and urban related purposes.


The vacant planning commission positions are open for applications until filled.  Final appointments are made by the Wilkin County Board of Commissioners.